VMware Communities
rubingeo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Startup delay in clusterssh in Ubuntu 20.04 running in VMware Fusion 11.5/12 Pro

I've Installed Ubuntu 20.04 in VMware Fusion 11.5 Pro (also tried on Fusion 12 Pro), and installed clusterssh in Ubuntu then. I tried to run clusterssh but there's always a delay of ~15-20s for the program to start (ssh'ing to a server is immediate though). At the same time clusterssh in Ubuntu 20.04 running on VirtualBox 6 starts immediately. The only variable I could determine at this stage was the virtualization software. VMware Fusion offered a much stable virtualization environment compared to VirtualBox but this startup delay is making me not to use VMware Fusion. Hope to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is the networking configuration in the VM and on what networks do the systems you are trying to connect to reside? 

That level of delay smells like DNS resolution delays, but can’t be sure until details on the networking are looked at. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is the networking configuration in the VM and on what networks do the systems you are trying to connect to reside? 

That level of delay smells like DNS resolution delays, but can’t be sure until details on the networking are looked at. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
rubingeo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing to the right direction. I was having trouble with connecting other systems on the company VPN and were able to solve the delay by putting VPN nameserver under IPv4 settings in Ubuntu.

0 Kudos