Dinamidante_
Contributor
Contributor

Some questions from a n00b

Hi guys. I've installed Vmware Fusion on my Macbook this afternoon.

I've created a virtual machine for Windows XP Professional and the OS works very well, but I have some problems to solve.

First[/B]: when I start up, the sound function well. But, when I try to configure the sound settings in Windows Live Messenger, the sound obliviously stops. And I have to restart.. What can I do?

Second[/B]: while I'm running Win XP on Unity, I would close applications by pressing the command key of my Mac (called "Apple") and Q and windows of Messenger with the common shortcut command + W. I know I can do this, but how?

The Third[/B] was how to install iSight drivers, but I found on Google how to do this. It's like on Parallels. I'm already downloading BootCamp to get drivers!

At last, I would only say "Great work" to the VMWARE developers and "Thanks" to anyone will help me to solve this n00b-style problem 😛

Another time, thanks.

Dinamidante™

Italy

PS: what about my English? I love studying it!

Message was edited by:

Dinamidante™

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Welcome to the forums!

First[/B]: when I start up, the sound function

well. But, when I try to configure the sound settings

in Windows Live Messenger, the sound obliviously

stops. And I have to restart.. What can I do?

Can you describe the steps you take to cause this problem?

Second[/B]: while I'm running Win XP on Unity, I

would close applications by pressing the command key

of my Mac (called "Apple") and Q and windows of

Messenger with the common shortcut command + W. I

know I can do this, but how?

Right now, we automatically map the Command key to Control while in Unity mode.

Molto buono! Smiley Happy

Dinamidante_
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks a lot!

First[/B]: when I start up, the sound function

well. But, when I try to configure the sound

settings

in Windows Live Messenger, the sound obliviously

stops. And I have to restart.. What can I do?

Can you describe the steps you take to cause this

problem?

I use Windows Live Messenger on Win XP. I try to setup the sound and the mic (it doesn't function because it is working with another app that I don't know.. This is another problem) and boom (SJ mode on) the sound goes down. Now the sound is working, but I'll try later and I'll give you a report.

Second[/B]: while I'm running Win XP on Unity,

I

would close applications by pressing the command

key

of my Mac (called "Apple") and Q and windows of

Messenger with the common shortcut command + W. I

know I can do this, but how?

Right now, we automatically map the Command key to

Control while in Unity mode.

But anyway I have to do the Windows Shortcut, using the Command key and not Ctrl. Instead I would like to close apps by pressing Command + Q and windows by pressing Command + W. Is this possibile? I've tried, but I couldn't do anything.

Molto buono! Smiley Happy

Well! I'll try to improve it.. I made some mistakes.. For example, sometimes I don't write the verb with the "s" at the end for third person subjects :'( But I know the grammar rules.

A final question[/b]

How to do the right click with the Macbook touchpad? On Windows surely.

Bye and thanks! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Dinamidante_
Contributor
Contributor

Today I've discovered a graphic glitch[/b].

Using Windows Live Messenger with Messenger Plus in Unity and setting the view by tabs, when you open a second conversation, this is the "effect":

CLICK HERE ->[/b] http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=immagine2bn5.png <- CLICK HERE[/b]

Furthermore, I've a little question about the next features: are you planning to add some Mac-like features to Windows apps? For example, in Adium (IM client), when you receive a message, the dock icon "jumps" and the nickname of the sender is shown on the icon. Can you add this features to Windows apps, such as Windows Live Messenger? And, I hope, a shortcut to show the buddy list? I think this should be a great and unique feature for Vmware Fusion! Surely a feature made for the most popular apps!

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:[/b] oh, I forgot. I know this isn't maybe the right section, but I've another feature "request": when someone links a website on Windows Live Messenger, if I click on it the link is opened with the defaut Windows[/b] browser. I would like to open the links with the default Mac OSX[/b] browser Smiley Wink Could this be possible? I hope the anwser is "Yes, we'll introduce this in the next releases!". I would be happy 😃

Message was edited by:

Dinamidante™

0 Kudos