VMware Communities
walterwatts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Snapshot component files question

If I wanted to start keeping multiple snapshots on my own (while I'm waiting for Vmware to add the feature to Fusion Smiley Wink ),

could someone tell me which of the files in the included directory listing (see attachment) constitute a full snapshot?

S'il vous plaît.

Walter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's a really bad idea to manually manage snapshot files, since messing up may corrupt not only the particular backup you're working with but also anything else depending on the ones you're working with. If you do decide to go this route anyway, I'd recommend backing up the core image at least once as well - in case you make a mistake, you won't be totally lost.

AFAIK there's no official documentation for what files are, but Ulli (continuum) has a nice unofficial list

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's a really bad idea to manually manage snapshot files, since messing up may corrupt not only the particular backup you're working with but also anything else depending on the ones you're working with. If you do decide to go this route anyway, I'd recommend backing up the core image at least once as well - in case you make a mistake, you won't be totally lost.

AFAIK there's no official documentation for what files are, but Ulli (continuum) has a nice unofficial list

0 Kudos
walterwatts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks etung.

After looking at the descriptions of the VM files in Ulli's list, I've decided to wait until Vmware implements the multiple snapshot feature.

Smiley Wink

Walter

PS--My momma didn't raise no foo's......

0 Kudos