VMware Communities
Shuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Small font problem in Windows 7x64 running on Fusion 11.5.5 on Mac Catalina 10.15.5

I have just recently upgraded to 11.5.5 from 11.5.3 and even before that, my Windows desktop screen and the Reckon program that I am running  on it suddenly became very small font and is annoying.  I have tried taking the font size to 200 but it hasn't changed the font at all.  The icons on the desktop became very small but I have been able to enlarge them in Windows preferences - the font beneath each icon is still small.

has anybody any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If all the application in you Windows VM have the small font problem, could you try the follow steps?

Open Settings -> Display, make sure both the "Use full resolution for Retina display" and "Automatically adjust user interfaces size in the virtual machine" check boxes are checked. If not, check them, then restart the VM.

If they are all set up, try to uninstall the VMtools then reinstall it.

If only the specific 3rd-party applications have this problem, and others work well, probably because these apps use customized controls. You can try to uncheck the "Use full resolution for Retina display" checkbox. VM will lost some clarity, but the small font could be solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zhus
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If all the application in you Windows VM have the small font problem, could you try the follow steps?

Open Settings -> Display, make sure both the "Use full resolution for Retina display" and "Automatically adjust user interfaces size in the virtual machine" check boxes are checked. If not, check them, then restart the VM.

If they are all set up, try to uninstall the VMtools then reinstall it.

If only the specific 3rd-party applications have this problem, and others work well, probably because these apps use customized controls. You can try to uncheck the "Use full resolution for Retina display" checkbox. VM will lost some clarity, but the small font could be solved.

0 Kudos
Shuppy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thankyou for your reply, zhus.  And it worked!  Whilst I have been waiting I had found another site that suggested, as you have said, to untick 'Use full resolution for Retina display' and this worked.  I was very relieved.  It did seem to be the whole of the Windows 7 font that was the problem and not just the applications within it. 

0 Kudos