VMware Communities
RJKflyer
Contributor
Contributor

Sign here if you want a refund on Fusion 7

Stupidly, I was taken in by the claims for Fusion 7 of

Even Better Performance

However, my VM was rendered unusable as the video performance was terrible. Ran Windows Experience and it proved a halving of video perf.

I am fed up of buying products that don't work, or worse, make false claims.

I have now spent considerable time restoring 6.0.5, which works fine. Thank God for professional software such as Mac OS X, so a restore of application and all the stuff that accompanies it was possible.

If you too are in this position, join this list.

And, no, it's not Apple's fault. 6.0.5 under Yosemite worked absolutely fine.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware Fusion is (and has always been) available as a fully functional free 30 day trial so as to ensure it meets ones needs/wants prior to purchasing! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
RJKflyer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, but that response is neither helpful nor acceptable.

I have been a PURCHASER of VMWare Fusion since Vn2 or 3.

I am not interested in beta-testing people's poor products to "see if they work" at my own time and expense.

This attitude is exactly that which plagues the world of IT - it is the user who ends up with the work and the problem.

Are you seriously suggesting that, as someone who has bought n versions in succession, I should have to TRIAL a new one to "See if it works", or see if it actually delivered on the company's promised improvements?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I've been using VMware Fusion since before the GA v1 release however that's irrelevant.  What relevant is, regardless of what the product is, if there is a free trial version available that can be used prior to purchasing I'm certainly going to put it through its paces before spending my hard earned money!  IMO anyone who blindly purchases something when a fully functional trial is available has little standing to complain.  Would you purchase an automobile without test driving it!?

0 Kudos
RJKflyer
Contributor
Contributor

I am NOT willing to spend my time testing something out to establish whether the manufacturer's claims are actually UNTRUE.

Stupidly, I did perhaps expect a product I had used over several iterations might actually work as advertised.

Also, you may have the time to waste on some hapless voyage of discovery installing stuff, and testing it, and then having to uninstall it, recover your last known working version from backups, and make the changes to get yourself back to work.

But I suspect most people do not.

If I buy a piece of chicken, labelled as chicken, I do not expect to have to take it to a lab to get someone to attest that it is chicken before I 'commit' to buying it.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Everything takes time and if you have more money then time then blindly make your purchases and caveat emptor.

That said, I'm sorry but I just don't buy into someone whining about time in regards to anything IT related as I remember when I'd turn on my PC to then go make a cup of coffee and be back at my desk before the C:\> Prompt would be available.  Or years later in Windows starting a process I knew was going to take a hour to compute and start that process as I headed out to lunch hoping Windows wouldn't bomb out, as it did so often in those days, and have to force reboot to start all over while hoping the forced reboot didn't corrupt the filesystem in the process.  It was always something back in those days and decades later while there has been vast improvements in both hardware and software nonetheless one still needs to deal with whatever is in front of oneself.

VMware offers the fully functional free 30 day trials for a good reason and IMO there is absolutely no good excuse whatsoever for not taking advantage of them, from any company, before parting with one's money!  Also, because VMware offers the fully functional free 30 day trials they rarely make refunds.

0 Kudos
theSeb
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying hard to understand how your post is helpful, or relevant, and I simply cannot. I have been using Vmware since version 3, or 4 and upgraded to 7 from 6 because of the yearly "forced" upgrade that now comes with each OS X version. Yosemite performance was poor on version 6 and Mavericks ran perfectly fine, so I figured that I need to upgrade because performance had been gimped on purpose to get me to upgrade. I tested two clean installs of both just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Version 7.1 has not fixed any of the issues. I am running the virtual machine on a very powerful mac pro and the lag when I try to drag a window is unbearable, never mind when trying to do something productive. The product is fundamentally broken and the fact that it has not been fixed yet is unacceptable.

According to you we should give up on all of our consumer rights just because a company offers a free trial? Sorry, but that is just silly. If you do not work for Vmware, then I would suggest that your time could be spent better elsewhere rather than on apologising for a company's mishaps.

RJKflyer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Seb.

I'm fed up with getting poor quality software and spending my valuable time fixing other people's shoddy and/or inadequately tested work.

I have just been through this entire debacle with another product that has had five releases in 3 months, all with varying slips, trips and falls (and new errors as fixes were applied to correct old errors) and all to get us back to where we were at the start. Hence my intense irritation.

The product is fundamentally broken and the fact that it has not been fixed yet is unacceptable.

0 Kudos