VMware Communities
uczmeg
Contributor
Contributor

Sierra and full screen mouse 'issues'

I tend to run my Windows VMs full screen and swipe between my Mac desktop and my various Windows VMs.

Before upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra switching desktop to a full screen Windows VM gave me instant access to the mouse within that VM which was the perfect way to work, I seemlessly switched between my Windows apps and Mac apps.

Since upgrading to Sierra I know have to click on the screen to take over the desktop and the mouse, which in itself is annoying, but it also means the mouse pointer is where you left it on the PC not where it currently is when you click into the VM which can be very disorienting.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it very well!

Is there a solution to stop having to click into the VM when it's full screen?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
uczmeg
Contributor
Contributor

I've done a little more experimenting.

I'd only had call to use my Windows 8.1 VM since the upgrade. I've now tried my Windows XP, 7 and 10 VMs and they all function as before. In full screen mode the mouse just picks up where it should when you switch desktop and in windowed mode taking the mouse over the window controls the mouse in the window. The muse doesn't get locked in the VM.

But in 8.1 the mouse it either locked in the VM once you've clicked into it.

So hopefully it's just a VM setting that's messed up somewhere for my Win 8 VM?

0 Kudos
uczmeg
Contributor
Contributor

OK, stupid user.

A restart of the VM seems to have cleared up the issue.

Maybe the 8.5.5 upgrade sorted it, but I hadn't restarted the VM since installing it. It was just paused during the upgrade.

Sorry.

0 Kudos