VMware Communities
captflashheart
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing issue with Leopard

I have an issue I would really appreciate help with. Whilst using VMWare fusion, I came across the dialogue box " Would you like to enable sharing of your Home folder on your Mac?" and accidentally clicked "yes" . Subsequently a connection appeared under " sharing" in my finder window that appears to refer to the VMWare partition. At no point previously have I enabled my Mac to share folders etc with any other computer. I attempted to disable this connection by accessing system preferences on Leopard but none of the dialogue boxes had been enabled for sharing. I then opened VMWare fusion settings and disabled sharing with my Mac and deleted the shared folder. The new connection in finder however is still there. I have tried dragging the connection to Trash but am unable to get rid of it. There is also a connection that shows up that appears to be referring to a laptop I have on my home network that has NEVER been set to share files with my Mac.

My question is : how do I delete this connection in finder?

Many thanks,

Tarek

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I have an issue I would really appreciate help with. Whilst using VMWare fusion, I came across the dialogue box " Would you like to enable sharing of your Home folder on your Mac?" and accidentally clicked "yes" . Subsequently a connection appeared under " sharing" in my finder window that appears to refer to the VMWare partition.

There is also a connection that shows up that appears to be referring to a laptop I have on my home network that has NEVER been set to share files with my Mac.

Do you mean "SHARED" on the Sidebar in Finder?

If yes then this is an OS X Finder feature and you should consult the OS X Help File and or Apple and or OS X centric forums for a solution to an OS X feature issue.

0 Kudos