VMware Communities
nigeljac
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing folders

Hi all,

I'm new to both Macs and vmware fusion. I am using OS X 10.5.2, fusion 1.1.1 with XP2 SP2.

I have set up my networking in NAT mode, have entered fusion in Mac's firewall applications list as "allowed", and added the folder I want to share in the shared folder list (selected smb sharing).

When I have my virtual machine running, I can access all my virtual machine shared folders (and sub-folders) from within Finder no problem, but from windows in Fusion I can only map the folder I shared, but cannot access any of its sub-folders.

Do I need to add every folder/sub-folder into the Mac's shared folder list, or is there a better/easier way to do this (the folder I need to shared has hundreds of sub and sub-sub folders!).

Thanks,

Nige

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

When using Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.x and I try accessing my OS X Home Folder from a Windows Virtual Machine using an Account that does not match my OSX Account I can only access the Home Folder and not any of the Sub Folders however if I login to Windows using the same OS X Account Name and Password I can access all Sub Folders.

For and explanation of why have a look at: 10.5: Permissions and SMB shares in Leopard

0 Kudos