VMware Communities
Ant_135
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing a Windows VM between different user accounts on a Mac

I'm sure this is possible I just don't know how to do it.

I have a Mac running Mavericks OS with VMware Fusions 5 running a windows 7 VM. I would like to be able to access the VM from 2 different user accounts on the Mac, what do I need to do? Any advise/ experience you can share would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: Ant_135 I found this in the KB http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100519... It looks like snapshots cause a problem though and I rely on Auto snapshots as a  back up for the windows machine. Does anyone know if things have changed in Fusion 6 Pro that might work in my favour?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

First off, Snapshots are not considered to be Backups! Smiley Wink  Secondly AutoProtect IMO should have been named AutoDistruct for a number of reasons, which have previously been discussed so I'll not get into it other then to say...  The Snapshot feature, other then implemented as AutoProtect, is and extremely usefully and valuable feature when properly managed and used! Smiley Wink

Anyway to answer your question, if you look at the Product(s): section in the KB it is applicable to VMware Fusion 6 as well.