VMware Communities
cwoody222
Contributor
Contributor

Shared folders - Windows tells me they've been modified or deleted

I can get Shared Folders to work just fine. I'm trying to set the default Save location in a Windows program to point to a shared folder which resides on my Mac HD.

(reason being is I don't have enough room on my Windows partition to hold the file)

I can browse to the shared folder from within the Windows app but when I try to save the changes it tells me that that folder has been moved, deleted or modified and I need to pick another folder.

I even tried mapping the shared folder to a drive letter and tried using a windows shortcut to the shared folder. Neither worked.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

What program is this? Shared Folders are not a perfect transfer mechanism. There are i/o modes and options that do not work in all programs. Another sharing method that provides better compatibility is File Sharing (Leopard) in OS X. If you enable File Sharing (or called Windows Sharing in OS X 10.4), you can mount this share in Windows and this may work better. The address to mount is displayed in the Sharing panel, but change smb://w.x.y.z/username to the Windows convention of \ \w.x.y.z\username in Windows Explorer (Tools > Map network drive).

0 Kudos