VMware Communities
Romain_Petges
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shared Folders shortcut

Hi all,

When I activate the "Shared folders" feature in the VM settings, a shortcut automatically appears on the user's desktop .... how can I prevent the creation of this shortcut ?

Deleting it has no effect because it reappears on the next login.

I'm using VMware Fusion 3.01 and the guest is Win7 .

Best regards,

Romain Petges

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When I activate the "Shared folders" feature in the VM settings, a shortcut automatically appears on the user's desktop .... how can I prevent the creation of this shortcut ?

With the Virtual Machine shutdown, not suspended, and Fusion closed you can set the following parameter in the target Virtual Machine's .vmx configuration file however if you modify the Shared Folders settings after the fact you'll have to reset it again.

hgfs.linkRootShare = "FALSE"

For help with the .vmx file have a look at Work with Virtual Machine Packages in the VMware Fusion Help File of look at information in .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

With the Virtual Machine shutdown, not suspended, and Fusion closed you can set the following parameter in the target Virtual Machine's .vmx configuration file however if you modify the Shared Folders settings after the fact you'll have to reset it again.

hgfs.linkRootShare = "FALSE"

For help with the .vmx file have a look at Work with Virtual Machine Packages in the VMware Fusion Help File of look at information in .

0 Kudos
Romain_Petges
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Perfect ... thanks !

Best regards,

Romain Petges

0 Kudos