VMware Communities
zoemonique
Contributor
Contributor

Share folder

Hi,

I am having trouble with my share folder. I have installed VMware Tools inside my VMFusion Windows 10 emulation, my folder "VMware share folder" is showing, and I have enabled sharing inside my settings. Now when I try to place things inside the folder I get a message that I need to ask permission to place things inside the folder. I dont know why this would say this? I have looked high and low for how to make my windows 10 emulation an authoritative emulation but I cannot find anything. Can someone please help me with this, I have assignments due and this VMware stuff is driving me insane. - Been with Mac for 10 years and I seem to have forgotten all things windows.

Thank in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GeorgeOS
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure you are dropping the file into the actual shared folder and not one level up in the hierarchy. It's an easy mistake to make and creates the error you describe.

Can also try enabling drag and drop or cut and paste in Fusion Isolation settings.

Make sure you installed vmware tools in the Guest Windows 10 installation. If you reinstall you need to choose the folder again in the shared folder settings. Good luck!

0 Kudos