VMware Communities
fgunnars
Contributor
Contributor

Share VMware Fusion (Mac) Virtual Machines between several Mac users

Hi,

Is it possible to affect where the virtual machines are installed? Now, they are installed under 'Documents' for my Mac user, which means that I cannot create a virtual machine that several Mac users on the same compute can use. Any suggestions to solve this?

B.R.

/Fredrik

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is it possible to affect where the virtual machines are installed? Now, they are installed under 'Documents' for my Mac user, which means that I cannot create a virtual machine that several Mac users on the same compute can use. Any suggestions to solve this?

With the exception of a Virtual Machine of the Boot Camp partition you can choose wherever you want to put the Virtual Machines using the controls in the New Virtual Machine Assistant on the Name and Location sheet in the Where: list box.

You can also move the Virtual Machine Package Bundle using Finder after the fact.

Have a look at the Sharing Virtual Machines Between Users section of A Beginner's Guide to VMware Fusion http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-1110

Also this has been asked an answered many times before and a search of the forum would have yielded the answer too!

0 Kudos