VMware Communities
SiggeStark
Contributor
Contributor

Server on Mac, client in Windows on Fusion - no network to connect

Can anybody help me please:

I need to be able to run a server on Mac OS X and the client in a virtual Windows machine - this works fine when I am on a network since I just can connect to the Mac from my virtual Windows Machine using NAT or bridged network, but quite often I don't have a network available, so I need to be able to set up the network to work between these two environments without a network;

Would it be possible?

How would I set up my network settings?

I would really appreciate your help here!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, this is precisely what host-only networking is for. Choose that instead of NAT/bridged.

SiggeStark
Contributor
Contributor

That is good to hear etung, but could you please explain to me how I would set up network settings in order to get this configuration working?

Do I use the same IP-adress on both Mac and Windows? What IP do I set up as a router?

I am sorry, I am a bit clueless here...

0 Kudos
maddymac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

do not assign Static Ip select assign IP address By Dhcp Fusion have it's own DHCP server to assign IP address to your Guest OS

SiggeStark
Contributor
Contributor

Maddymac,

I have done as you told me (host only network and dhcp), and I have received an IP-adress (172.16.13.128) - but I can not connect to the server on my Mac. If I enter the IP-adress of the hosting mac (10.3.2.39), it will not be found since it is not in the same IP-range as Windows on Fusion. Do you know what adress I should enter?

0 Kudos