VMware Communities
michel_peterson
Contributor
Contributor

SecureInput not released problem

I'm using VMWare Fusion 1.1.3 and recently I've applied a OS X upgrade to trivial applications but the problem is that since those upgrades there is a process that starts and dies on boot but leaves SecureInput locked, so I can't kill the PID that 'ioreg -l -w 0 | grep SecureInput' is showing me that has requested SecureInput. Thus leaving me without a working VMWare. I need to solve this issue ASAP because I use this VMWare for my work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Michel Peterson

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The only workaround would be to not run that program (which I assume isn't an option)

0 Kudos
michel_peterson
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly it isn't an option. That's the only solution? I'm just against the wall till more people begin having the same problem?

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Sadly it isn't an option. That's the only solution? I'm just against the wall till more people begin having the same problem?

We plan to have a fix available in the next beta release of VMware Fusion 2.0.

michel_peterson
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome, there has been a VMWare codebase rework on this? It's secure to upgrade working VM to 2.0 beta? I'm not afraid of testing, just don't want to lose the VM disk integrity.

Regards,

Michel

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Awesome, there has been a VMWare codebase rework on this? It's secure to upgrade working VM to 2.0 beta? I'm not afraid of testing, just don't want to lose the VM disk integrity.

As with any beta, we do a lot of testing with the product and do our best to ensure VM disk integrity, but we do not recommend that you use it in a production environment. Always back up your VMs before using any beta product.

0 Kudos
michel_peterson
Contributor
Contributor

OK, awesome I'll wait for the next beta then! There is an ETA?

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

OK, awesome I'll wait for the next beta then! There is an ETA?

We haven't announced an ETA for the next release, but we're working very hard to get it ready for you.

0 Kudos
michel_peterson
Contributor
Contributor

OK, looking forward to it then Smiley Happy

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:36 PM, bgertzfield

0 Kudos