VMware Communities
hkhwong
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Rendering issue with 2.0.2?

I'm having some strange rendering or screen refresh issues with Fusion 2.0.2. It has been spotty in previous releases, but now it's more common.

Specs:

Macbook (late 2007)

2.2GHz C2D

4GB RAM

VM

Windows XP SP3

Allocated 1.25GB RAM

1 CPU

3D acceleration disabled

30GB allocated (split VMDK files, grow as needed).

This issue can be really seen when scrolling around Office 2007. In Excel 2007, I can scroll around a spreadsheet, and then when I scroll back, the text inside the cells are empty (causing panic), but if I scroll around again, it shows up. It's intermittent, but happens often enough to really cause problems. I especially see it when I'm in fullscreen mode.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hkhwong
Contributor
Contributor

I think I can narrow this down. This problem seems to happen when I am using the Freeze Panes feature. Areas that aren't supposed to be frozen are frozen. Very strange.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

So far I've not been able to reproduce this. Is there something in particular about the Excel file that seems to contribute - size, interaction with external data elements, etc?

Thanks --

Kevin

0 Kudos
hkhwong
Contributor
Contributor

It might be the size or the use of colors -- basically what would happen is that I would scroll using the scroll bars, but the content within the window wouldn't change or would be blank. If I highlighted a cell, though, the content would appear. This is very weird. I was hoping 2.0.3/4 would fix this, but it hasn't so far. Not sure if there's a strange interaction between how Excel redraws the screen and the VMware video driver.

I'm in fullscreen mode most of the time, but i think it happens in window mode as well.

0 Kudos