VMware Communities
Obeechi
Contributor
Contributor

Safari (in OSX) and Vista VM don't play well together

Sluggish, sluggish, beyond sluggish... have to force quit safari, wait forever... maybe sometimes because of an antivirus program, other times who knows, and then there are the times where everything is fine and snappy... In general, with Vista Ultimate VM, Safari can really crawl to a halt, and everything else well. Not unusual to see Safari in a red font in the Force Quit Applications window in OSX.

God, do I ever wish I could downgrade to Vista Business!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What makes you think using Vista Business would be any better and have you tried using Firefox in OS X and does it exhibit the same behavior as Safari?

0 Kudos
Obeechi
Contributor
Contributor

I really like Safari. But it seems to crash more often than any of my other apps. Looks better than Firefox too...

I'm prone to believe that Vista Business would be less bloated with the media center taking up extra disk space. I never use the media center at all... So when Windows 7 is released, no Ultimate for me.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Safari or emptying it's cache or tried the Safari 4 Beta?

I don't think running Vista Ultimate is contributory to your Safari issue and if you do go with Vista Business you have to forgo "Have more fun on your PC..." as it's not included in the Business version. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos