VMware Communities
f00fighters
Contributor
Contributor

SOLUTION: Boot Camp Windows Vista 64-bit Activation Loop

Special Thanks to Agf1, and WoodyZ. Agf1 is the one how found this solution. If you have been experiencing activations issues by going back and forth from Vista 64-bit via Boot Camp/Fusion, this may be a solution for you. I did this with Windows Vista Home Edition x64. Here is what I did.

1. Within Fusion, I loaded up Vista from the boot camp partition. It showed me the screen saying I need to activate, I just ignored it, and after I while it went away.

2. I went into control panel, and I completely removed VMware Tools from the Add/Remove Programs option. I did not select the option to restart.

3. I simply shut down the virtual machine, and then restarted my computer through Boot Camp

4. I activated my Vista through boot camp, and it activated properly. If it tells you to call my microsoft, then do it and they'll give you a code. Just get it over with.

5. You go into "My Computer", and go into C:\Programdata\VMware\RawdskCompatibility

6. You will see a folder called "Virtual". Delete the folder "Virtual" with all of its contents, completely.

7. Reboot into OS X, and load Fusion and select Boot Camp

8. Vista should appear to load properly.

9. Then Install VMware Tools.

10. Then Shut Down. And reboot the computer and load boot camp.

11. go to control panel and click system (make sure it says windows is activated)

12. Shut down and reboot into OS X

13. Load boot camp vista through Fusion.

14. It should give you 3 days to activate Vista, go to control panel, and select system, and see.

15. I then activated vista over the phone through that automated system.

16. I've been going back and forth in between vista boot camp, and vista boot camp fusion, and verfied windows is activated in both.

This has worked for me so far. I'm going to keep using boot camp and fusion t for the next few days just to make sure everything is up to par. I just thought I'd spread the knowledge, because I have been dealing with this issue for MONTHS, and so far this is the only method that has worked.

0 Kudos
0 Replies