VMware Communities
jimsold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running a vmware console inside of IE -- how to send ctrl-alt-delete

I can use the Fusion Menu to send Ctrl-Alt-Delete but that is intercepted by the VM itself and I get the Windows 7 set of options for my local VM.

I am running an IE session that leads me to a VMware console running inside IE where I want to access a remote Windows machine (a Juniper VPN client is involved but I don't think that matters). That console shows me the remote VM desktop where I have to enter Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get the login screen for the remote VM.

How can I manage to send a Ctrl-Alt-Delete so that it gets to the VM console inside of IE?

Seems like there should be a way to do this.

Jim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried Ctrl+Alt+End?

jimsold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Inside the web page showing the embedded console, I found a button for the express purpose of sending a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to the embedded console.

So that works when the console is embedded inside the big window but if I choose to display the embedded console in its own IE window, the button to send Ctrl-Alt-Delete is not present. And the option to show the console full screen is disabled.

So at least there is an IE button that works in a limited way.

0 Kudos
jimsold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On my Macbook Air, I discovered that the combo fn-ctrl-option-command-delete will do it, even when the console is in its own window.

On my external keyboard, I don't need to press fn -- the rest of the combo though does it.

So my problem is solved.

0 Kudos