VMware Communities
makeurmark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Running VMware fussion on two macs

i am lead to believe that I can run VMware fussion on two macs from one personal license. However do I need to have 2 windows licenses?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Microsoft has multiple kinds of licensing, so it depends on what you have. For example, OEM licensing (if you converted a PC) is only good for one system. A retail box I believe is good for technically one system and one virtual system, volume license or Enterprise keys are good for more.

Best thing is to check with Microsoft's restrictions about the version of Windows you happen to own or want to purchase.

On Fusion's side, you are allowed to use your license for Fusion on all the Macs that you personally own or control. For companies that buy through our channel, they must purchase one license per computer.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Microsoft has multiple kinds of licensing, so it depends on what you have. For example, OEM licensing (if you converted a PC) is only good for one system. A retail box I believe is good for technically one system and one virtual system, volume license or Enterprise keys are good for more.

Best thing is to check with Microsoft's restrictions about the version of Windows you happen to own or want to purchase.

On Fusion's side, you are allowed to use your license for Fusion on all the Macs that you personally own or control. For companies that buy through our channel, they must purchase one license per computer.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
makeurmark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for that concise reply, much appreciated.

0 Kudos