VMware Communities
swedma
Contributor
Contributor

Running MAc Ventura on a Ventura machine

Hi!

I need to run a Virtual Machine with Mac OS Ventura on my MAcbook air M2 that is also running on Ventura. I have VMWARE FUSION Player 13 installed.

During installation of the virtual machine I can´t see Mac under the list of operating systems

How would I go about it to install a version of Ventura on my MAcbook?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Taken from the Fusion documentation:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 09.42.27.png

Reference: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fusion/13/com.vmware.fusion.using.doc/GUID-474FC78E-4E77-42B7-A1C6...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
swedma
Contributor
Contributor

So the simple answer is that its not possible?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As far as I know, there have been other threads about nesting MacOS on Apple M1/M2 in this area of the Communities.

I reported your duplicate post to the moderators, expect it to be archived.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Fusion on M1/M2 Macs does not support virtualization of any version of macOS. Vmware is investigating it but the changes Apple made for Apple Silicon has not made it easy to include all the features that you would expect Fusion to deliver..

Parallels supports macOS virtualization on M1/M2, but you'll have to pay for it. And it doesn't implement all the features for macOS that it does for Linux and Windows. 

You may wish to look at the open-source VirtualBuddy:

https://github.com/insidegui/VirtualBuddy 

It'll provide what Parallels does (with almost the exact same feature set) but at the right price - free.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos