VMware Communities
mdinsua
Contributor
Contributor

Run Fusion Pro11 in Unity only in/on Desktop 2

I'm using Fusion Pro 11.5.5 (16269456) on a MacBookPro Catalina 10.15.5 running a Win10 (1809) guest with 4 processor cores and 8G of RAM ( basically splitting the MacBooks resources down the middle ).

Looked around and couldn't;t find anything useful, thus, here I am...

I am looking to keep the Mac apps in use in/on Desktop 1 and the Windows apps in use in/on Desktop 2 and am asking -

• Is it possible to run Fusion Pro11 in Unity mode only in/on Desktop 2?
  • If so, how?

Much thanks and appreciate the time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

HI,

page 97 of the attached file:

Open a Windows Application While You Are in Unity View

When a virtual machine is running in Unity view, you do not see the guest operating system's desktop, but you can open an application without it.When you are working with applications in an operating system, you can use several methods to start an application. In some cases, you click an icon on the desktop or use a start menu or its equivalent. When you use Unity view with a virtual machine, you cannot use those methods because only the active application windows appear on your Mac's desktop

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

"I am looking to keep the Mac apps in use in/on Desktop 1 and the Windows apps in use in/on Desktop 2 and am asking "

That sort of goes against the purpose of Unity. You could certainly just create a new desktop / space on the Mac and only put your Unity apps there.

Otherwise, you could just make the VM full screen on Desktop 2 and use Spaces to swap back and forth between Mac and Win.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos