VMware Communities
nevadadad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Right-click "shortcut launch" options on VMware Fusion in OSX

I am running Fusion 8.5.10 on OSX High Sierra (10.13.6).  I have two Virtual machines (Win 7x64 and Win 10x64).  I have Fusion in my dock as a shortcut (alias).  When I right click on the Fusion icon, I get a series of 4 "launch" options to launch vm's as shown in the screen capture.  How do I clean up these options?  Two are "legitimate" while the other two are for old instances of vm's and no longer point to the correct directories where the vm's are stored.*. I would like to clear out this cache or whatever it is so that the only shortcuts appearing are to valid vm paths.  I.e., the bottom-most instance of Windows 10 x64 and Windows 7 x64 are valid.  The top two, however, no longer work because they point to a location that is no longer valid.

* NOTE: I moved the vm's into a directory that is not backed up via iCloud.   They were previously in my documents folder, and every time I used the vm, iCloud would see a change in the file(s) and begin doing a massive backup of several dozen GB.  I moved the vm folders into a directory that is not backed up by iCloud.

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 10.21.41 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try the following.

Select VMware Fusion so that it is active.

Then go in the main Fusion menu to File -> Open Recent -> Clear Menu.

After selecting the "Clear Menu" option the list should be empty, also on the tile in the dock.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Try the following.

Select VMware Fusion so that it is active.

Then go in the main Fusion menu to File -> Open Recent -> Clear Menu.

After selecting the "Clear Menu" option the list should be empty, also on the tile in the dock.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
nevadadad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, wila.  That did the trick!

0 Kudos