VMware Communities
Wrathe
Contributor
Contributor

Right Click Menu's Closing Under Unity View

I am running the latest Fusion 5.0.2 (900491) and a VM of Windows 7.

When in Unity view, if I right click, the menu's frequently close when I mouse over a selection.

This occurs in Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, but not Office Apps for some reason.

Any ideas as to the cause of this?

8 Replies
Wrathe
Contributor
Contributor

To come back to this, I downgraded to 5.0.0 instead of 5.0.2 and the problem went away.

I also forgot to include in the original post I'm running OSX 10.8.2.

0 Kudos
rco8786
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Anybody got a fix besides downgrading?

Is there an easy way to downgrade or did you have to uninstall/reinstall?

0 Kudos
Wrathe
Contributor
Contributor

I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Uninstalling doesn't remove your vm. So it was like a 5 minute process. Took longer to download the dmg.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
rco8786
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  What an odd bug.

0 Kudos
Wrathe
Contributor
Contributor

You might try 5.0.1. I didn't try it. Would be nice to isolate the revision.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
jptsetme
Contributor
Contributor

I see this is marked as "Answered".  Is that really the solution I should use -- downgrade to an older release?

It's been 8 months since this post was first put up.  Is there a fix forthcoming for this issue?  I'm running 5.0.3, and I like it a lot most of the time.  But it's the kind of product that needs to be rock solid, and this is a real nuisance.

0 Kudos
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey guys,

Sorry that this bug is so... buggy. 0_o Yeah, this is a frustrating one.

I don't have a better solution right now than to use an older release if the older release doesn't have this bug. That's the bad news.

However, I can definitely tell you that I fixed a bunch of really buggy behavior around popup menus and focus problems internally and these bug fixes should be Coming To A Future Release, Near You! Obviously, I can't tell you exactly when that will happen, but I wanted you guys to know that I appreciate you reporting this obnoxious bug and that we're paying attention. So please hang in there and keep the bug reports coming! =:)

jptsetme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, vanRijn.  I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that a fix is in the works, and I look forward to seeing it sometime in the near future.

Thanks!

--Joe

0 Kudos