VMware Communities
mkummer
Contributor
Contributor

Resolution Problems with Retina iMac

I use a iMac 5K with newest Fusion version. My virtual screen resolution is set to 3840x2400 pix, graphic ram is 2048 MB. During normal use, after some time the screen starts to have black areas in different apps like Quicken or MS Solitaire. A restart solves the problem. In addition the display of low res video shrinks the resolution of the whole fusion window to the res of the video.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael

regards, Michael
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Michael,

Couple things that may help with this:

Let me know if either one changes the behavior. Not seeing a lot of troubleshooting on this issue.

0 Kudos
mkummer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer. Since the described effects take some time to appear, testing needs some days to see if the possible change is enduring.

I looked into your suggestions and noticed a difference in

1. Under Scale high resolution, select All View Modes.

I had „Unitity“ selected. After changing it, the jumping to a lower res and smaller VM window did not reappear yet. I keep watching.

All the rest was as suggested here. Your suggestion of playing with the Win DPIs did not change anything.

I still find lagre black areas when reopening Quicken. The „Welcome“ window is most of the time completely black. Switching between full screen and windowed mode brings parts of the black areas back.

Still no real solution for the glitches.

Thanks MK

regards, Michael
0 Kudos
mkummer
Contributor
Contributor

Some weeks and tries are gone - but the problem described here still persists, no change at all. I have not the foggiest what to do???

regards, Michael
0 Kudos
mkummer
Contributor
Contributor

Still the same problem. Obviously no solution of this problem is at hand?

regards, Michael
0 Kudos
17mathiasd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

same issue here with Fusion 10.1.1 running on a new iMac Pro...black areas within Windows applications.

I had the also the same issues on my previously used MacBookPro 2016 and I hoped I get rid of this issues with my new machine.

Another issue with Retina: when activating mirroring to an Apple TV the resolution switch leads to different issues like blinking of areas. After switch off the mirroring the it is nearly impossible to work with windows because of all the display issues (running Windows 10 1709).

any help is really appreciated

M.

0 Kudos