VMware Communities
wisdom45
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Resizing the Windows window when operating on a Mac

Resizing the Windows window when operating on a Mac.  Now it takes up the complete screen and I would like it to be about half the screen, but at least smaller

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you move your cursor to the top of the screen for a few seconds, the menu should drop down, unless you turned it off.

The shortcut keys can be found under VMware Fusion menu -> Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Fusion Shortcuts.

The Full Screen toggle short cut key is command+Control + F

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can run a VM in full screen mode or in a Window.

This can be changed from the menu (View -> Single Window) or (View -> Full Screen)

If you want to resize the window and have the guest resize as well then you need to install VMware Tools (available from the Virtual Machine window)

You can change the behavior on how the guest should resize via menu (Virtual Machine -> settings -> display)

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
wisdom45
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can see that my question lacked clarity,,,,,

When I click on the Vmware icon in the Mac dock, it immediately shows Windows in full screen mode,  Like with other Mac applications I would like it to be smaller.  I vaguely remember someone telling me years ago that when Windows is in full screen mode I can press some 2-3 key combination to have it reduce in size.  With your suggestion, I can never get to those View options.

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

If you move your cursor to the top of the screen for a few seconds, the menu should drop down, unless you turned it off.

The shortcut keys can be found under VMware Fusion menu -> Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Fusion Shortcuts.

The Full Screen toggle short cut key is command+Control + F

--
Wil

wisdom45
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Absolutely what I needed...THANKS!

0 Kudos