VMware Communities
titaniumdecoy
Contributor
Contributor

Requested USB feature

Hi,

Some of my appliances work only with USB 2.0 enabled (my printer), and some only work with USB 2.0 disabled (my circuit board). I would like to request a feature in the next version of VMWare fusion that would make it possible to select specific devices to use USB 1.0 and allow the rest to be USB 2.0, rather than requiring me to decide which I need more each time I boot into Windows.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

A workaround would be to plug your circuit board into a 1.0 hub, which will throttle the speed for connected devices.

0 Kudos
hamah
Contributor
Contributor

EDIT: sorry...placed this response in the wrong thread

0 Kudos
titaniumdecoy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice, etung, I will try that. Even so, I hope this won't be necessary in future versions of Fusion.

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I can't see how you would do this with a physical PC outside of Fusion so what you're asking for may be unrealistic, since it's emulating an x86 machine and the USB device version context is deep within the guest OS. It may be necessary to use a hardware work around like the one described. Sure USB virtualization is not perfect but attempting to micromanaging it may not necessarily be better. (Anyway, I'm not VMware so I'm sure they'll listen to your input.)

0 Kudos