VMware Communities
Simonmiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removing Windows 7 Beta from VMWare Fusion

Hey everyone,

Now that the Windows 7 Public Release Candidate is out, I want to uninstall my virtual machine that has the Windows 7 beta on it from my Mac.

Do I simply need to follow the instructions here: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1003420&sl...

or do I need to uninstall Windows 7 in some other way too to make sure it's off my machine?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gsarjeant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That should do it. You don't have to do a separate uninstall of windows, just delete the VM file as described in that post.

If you're using VMWare Fusion 2.x (this may also be valid for 1.x, but I've never used it so I don't know), then you could also launch the Virtual Machine Library, right-click the VM and choose "Delete". You will then see a prompt that asks whether you want to move the file for that VM to the Trash. Choose "Move To Trash" and the VM file will be moved to your Trash. Empty your trash, and that will get the beta off of your machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gsarjeant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That should do it. You don't have to do a separate uninstall of windows, just delete the VM file as described in that post.

If you're using VMWare Fusion 2.x (this may also be valid for 1.x, but I've never used it so I don't know), then you could also launch the Virtual Machine Library, right-click the VM and choose "Delete". You will then see a prompt that asks whether you want to move the file for that VM to the Trash. Choose "Move To Trash" and the VM file will be moved to your Trash. Empty your trash, and that will get the beta off of your machine.

0 Kudos
Simonmiller
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great - thanks!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you're using VMWare Fusion 2.x (this may also be valid for 1.x, but I've never used it so I don't know), then you could also launch the Virtual Machine Library, right-click the VM and choose "Delete".

In Fusion 1.x one can delete an entry on the Virtual Machine Library window but it only deletes the entry. One would would have to manually delete the Virtual Machine Package itself as deleting the Virtual Machine Package from the Virtual Machine Library window was introduced with Fusion 2.

0 Kudos
gsarjeant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos