VMware Communities
derm318
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstalling VMWare Fusion and Windows XP

I am using VMWare Fusion and Windows XP is corrupted. I cannot figure out how to repair it. Is it feasible to uninstall and reinstall VMWare. Will this give me a chance to reinstall Windows XP? If so, how do I do this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Uncle_Art
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You offer very little detail as to exactly what's going on... and it's not entirely clear to me what you're looking to do:

Do you want to reinstall (repair) the Broken installation on your existing Virtual Machine, hopefully saving your data, or do you want to "start over" with a fresh new Windows Installation, in a brand new "Virtual Machine"?

Either way, Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Fusion Application shouldn't be necessary, but it can be used as a troubleshooting step, if the exact problem encountered seems to call for it; if it "really doesn't seem like" a Broken Windows install, but more a problem with Fusion itself.

0 Kudos
derm318
Contributor
Contributor

While trying to run Windows with VMWare Fusion in a Boot Camp partition on my Mac, I got an error message which indicated that I had a corrupted dll file. I then ran the Windows install disc in the repair mode. Now I don't get that error message but the Windows install freezes shortly after it beings to open. Any suggestions for fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos