VMware Communities
ThomRosario
Contributor
Contributor

Redownload Fusion 8.5?

I have my license, but I want to re-download the Fusion 8.5 installer.  All of the download links I've found (from the original purchase email) lead me to the page that only lists 10 and 11.

Help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

You should be able to login to My VMware account and have access to your past downloads.

Or you could try this link

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=FUS-8510&productId=527&rPId=20679

Note that Fusion 8.x is officially on End-of-Support lifecycle and does not officially support High Sierra and Mojave hosts if you are attempting to install on a brand new MacBook Pro or some other new Apple Mac device that come with High Sierra or Mojave.

You might encounter problems with High Sierra/Mojave hosts in that the VMware kext(s) needs to be unblocked in the macOS Security settings.

0 Kudos
smabey
Contributor
Contributor

I need to download and older version of Fusion (presently on 5 as I haven't used it in ages) as I am running El Capitan. Fusion 11 won't work with my OS.

When I try to download 8.5 I get this error...

Your profile is incomplete.

We need more information from you before you can download. Update your profile and try again.

I have filled in a bunch of the profile fields but still get this message. As a customer experience strategist, vague errors like that infuriate me.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers, Shawn

0 Kudos
ailat
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently getting the same error. Have you been able to find a fix for it?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Only someone from VMware support can help with these kind of profile issues.

For having support look into thise try either Fusion Support or File a Support Request

Alternatively you might be able to buy Fusion 11 and downgrade to Fusion 8.5 via either my.vmware.com or via sales.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
DangelLucas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you want i Can send you Fusion 8.5

Let me know in private message thanks.

Kind regards

Sincerely

Dangel Lucas

0 Kudos