VMware Communities
tonydenson
Contributor
Contributor

Recovering from a BSOD

I have just got a Blue Screen of Death. Can anyone tell me if there is any way of recovering from this apart from restoring a backup of my entire VM ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will suggest you to try booting your PC in safe mode or last known good configuration.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I have just got a Blue Screen of Death. Can anyone tell me if there is any way of recovering from this apart from restoring a backup of my entire VM ?

I'm not sure how you expect that to be answered in light of the fact you have not presented any technical information to analyze so have a look at and provide the information requested with the document.

A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP

How to troubleshoot configuration errors by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP

Windows XP Recovery Console

How to troubleshoot hardware and software driver problems in Windows XP

0 Kudos
tonydenson
Contributor
Contributor

When I posted that message my problem was I couldn't restart my Windows system because I couldn't get to the VMware Fusion menu bar, even after suspending and restarting. However, a couple more suspends did the trick and once I had the main menu bar again I could obviously restart the Windows system.

0 Kudos
tonydenson
Contributor
Contributor

As I said in my reply to RiteshK, I wasn't able to get to the VMWare Fusion main menu, so in fact there was very little I could have done or told you other than what I did. OK, I didn't give you much info but from the available options I could see, it appeared the only course of action was to restore the whole VM. Anyway all is well now, thank you for your concern.

0 Kudos