VMware Communities
pal2tech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Receiving 'Internal Error' Message on Mac

I originally had VMWare version 8 running on Macbook Pro (2015) with latest iOS.  I upgraded to version 10.

As soon as I launched it, and tried to open my Windows 10x64 virtual machine, it failed with 'Internal Error'.

I have tried the following:

* Uninstalled, reinstalled vmware version 10.  Restarted computer, etc.

* Tried reverting back to VMware 7.0 (I don't have 8 anymore since it was an 'upgrade' path.

* Tried Running Disk Check (no errors found).

* Tried creating a new virtual machine using VMware 10 and Windows 64 ISO.  Still says 'internal error' when it tries to open it.

Everything was working fine for months until I upgraded today to Version 10.

Vmware tech support (and their website) is absolutely miserable. Could not be worse for the end user to find or use.  No business phone number to call. No chat support.  No email address.  This is just awful and unbecoming for any professional business.

Anyone here have any ideas of how to fix this unhelpful and poorly written error message/problem?

-- Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crazyboyz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you try manually reinstall of VMware Fusion as per the article : Manually uninstalling VMware Fusion (1017838) | VMware KB

If you still have issue, you can reach out to VMware Support at : Fusion Support, Training & Technical Documentation (Or login to MyVmware.com and file a support request usinghttps://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help )

-Vijay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
crazyboyz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you try manually reinstall of VMware Fusion as per the article : Manually uninstalling VMware Fusion (1017838) | VMware KB

If you still have issue, you can reach out to VMware Support at : Fusion Support, Training & Technical Documentation (Or login to MyVmware.com and file a support request usinghttps://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help )

-Vijay

0 Kudos
pal2tech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you crazyboys.

I think that might have worked.  At this point, I ditched the VMware software altogether and loaded up Parallels.  It's working great and I've got Windows back online.  I have to configure the machine again, but think this will be a better investiment, as VMware just has too lousy of a support channel (this board is the exception of course) and their software upgrade to Version 10 was a crummy experience.

Thank you for your assistance.

-- Chris

0 Kudos