VMware Communities
morrow
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Keyboard no Mouse in VMware (Windows and Linux)

I have a similar problem, but I can't figure out how to make a new post...

I have VMware Workstation ACE 6.0.2 and I have a mouse problem. I have installed XP Pro SP2 and I installed the VMware Tools. I need my mouse to stay locked in the window so I can play some older games. I went to Edit > Preferences > Settings and un-checked the bottom 3 boxes, so it wouldn't auto-grab and stuff. The problem is when I move my mouse to the right side of the window, or bottom side, the mouse un-grabs itself. It does not happen at the top of the window or the left side.

How can I force my mouse to stay locked in the window? It was fine before VMware tools were installed...I even unchecked the mouse driver during the install!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That's a completely different problem. See the release notes about customizing the virtual machine's mouse for playing games - I don't know how well that applies to ACE, but the general idea should be the same.

To create a new thread, use the "Start a discussion" link in the "Actions" sidebar on the left. Be sure you're in the appropriate subforum - this is the Fusion subforum.

Mods, can this be moved to the Workstation (or whatever's appropriate) forum?

Edit: removed "menu" typo

0 Kudos
morrow
Contributor
Contributor

I looked over the release notes for both Fusion and Workstation, and I can't find anything about customizing mouse properties for playing a game. A little help?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Look for vmmouse.present and pref.motionUngrab

0 Kudos