VMware Communities
Oben
Contributor
Contributor

RC 1.1 Vista Activation

Hi all,

I notice that the release candidate has a 'new' feature of supporting Vista as a Bootcamp partition.

Does this mean that the activation issue is now solved? ie. install Vista on Bootcamp... Activate in Bootcamp... start in Fusion... install Tools... Activate in Fusion... and thats it?

Please let it be so Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

The beta release notes aren't clear enough about activation but I know there's a posting here that confirms activation in Vista Boot camp is solved too.

This is the thread I was referring to above:

Edit: added a reference to a prior thread on Vista Boot Camp activation support in 1.1

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I notice that the release candidate has a 'new' feature of supporting Vista as a Bootcamp partition.

Does this mean that the activation issue is now solved? ie. install Vista on Bootcamp... Activate in Bootcamp... start in Fusion... install Tools... Activate in Fusion... and thats it?

Please let it be so Smiley Happy

Yes, VMware Fusion 1.1 RC and later support handling activation issues when you switch back and forth between Boot Camp native and Boot Camp in a virtual machine. You will need to update to VMware Tool in the 1.1 RC before going through the process, but yes, it is solved like it is solved for XP.

Pat

0 Kudos