VMware Communities
haralds
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quitting VMware Fusion 8.0.1 on El Capitan disconnect all Bluetooth devices

Has anybody else experienced this? Quitting VMware Fusion 8.0.1 on El Capitan disconnect all Bluetooth devices! This is very annoying, since it takes some switching of the mouse etc. to reconnect them.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
HariDudi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am not really faced this issue.

Apple's Bluetooth adapter is a USB device. USB devices can only be controlled by one OS at  a time. You've probably told Fusion to automatically connect the Bluetooth adapter to the virtual machine, which will cause  OS X to lose track of it.

The solution is to disconnect the Bluetooth  adapter from the virtual machine (e.g. Virtual Machine > USB). If  your mouse is Bluetooth, the easiest way to do this is to borrow a USB  mouse.

Is this information helpful to you?

0 Kudos
InternEd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the exact same thing with 8.0.2.

When quitting Fusion, my (bluetooth) mouse and USB connected HD and USB stick are disconnected and automatically reconnected.

Hope for a solution in an upcoming version.

Regards, Ed.

0 Kudos
fwRoller
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a problem for a while and has gotten worse with Fusion 8.1 on OS X 10.11.4.  After quitting Fusion, all Bluetooth devices are disconnected for anywhere from a few seconds to thirty seconds.  In some cases, the 13" MacBook Air (6,2 with all hardware at maximum specs) needs to be rebooted.  OS X 10.11.4 and Fusion 8.1 are both clean installs.  The Bluetooth devices are an Apple Keyboard and Trackpad, both of which are one generation behind the recently released Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?  Is VMware aware of it and working on a fix for the next release of Fusion?

0 Kudos
cicero98
Contributor
Contributor

Intermittent (but very annoying) on 8.1.1. Cannot recall if it was a problem on Fusion 7 but if it was, it was far less frequent. "Connect USB Devices" is not selected, although I tried it selected with connect Mac, Ask, and Connect to Windows. I have retina Macbook Pro with USB 3.0 capability but Win7 lacks the drivers so I run USB 2.0 setting in Fusion. I have submitted a support request and supplied logs, and they've gone silent on me. Imagine my delight to discover that the only change resulting from my (paid) upgrade from 7.x to 8.x was that this USB thing broke! Not happy.

0 Kudos
higherfi
Contributor
Contributor

Happens every time I quit the app on 10.0.1 (macOS High Sierra). I do not recall having this problem under 8.5.x versions at all.

0 Kudos