VMware Communities
DanStenger
Contributor
Contributor

Quicken Data File Access

I am trying to set up a virtual machine to run Quicken 2007 on MacOS Mojave, under the newer MacOS Catalina which doesn't support 32 bit apps.  I have successfully created the VM and installed Mojave and Quicken in the VM.  Quicken starts up fine.  After installing VMware Tools I am able to access the files in MacOS Catalina but Quicken cannot recognize the data files in Catalina because they are displayed as "folders" instead of the "container" data files that they are.  I guess VMtools does not know how to deal with "container" files?

Has anyone else found a way to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

AFAICR from earlier discussions here at the forum, you'll have to copy the data locally in the VM, not access it via a shared folder directly from Quicken.

I don't have quicken en never used it myself (I am not living in the US), so can't test it for you.
However if you are not able to keep the bundle format of the data files when copying the data files to your VM virtual disk, then first compress the data files to a zip file and unzip them in your guest OS.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
DanStenger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Copying the file over into the VM results in the same problem, but that won't work for me anyway.  I want to access the Quicken file from a couple of different Mac computers.

0 Kudos