VMware Communities
kdeemer
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased Fusion listed as Beta/Eval. P/W won't work

I had to do an archive and reinstall of OS X and am now trying to restore Fusion functionality. My virtual machines are there, but when I try to launch one, I get the message that my copy of Fusion is not yet licensed. I've entered the Serial Number from my retail disk, but it won't accept it. And when I go online to my account, that serial number is listed as a beta/eval copy. There doesn't seem to be any way to contact customer support short of purchasing an incident pack. How can I get out of this Catch 22?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I would look in the "Previous System/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/" folder for a file named license.fusion.site.6.0.200610 and see if the Serial = "xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" is the same as the one you're trying to use or you may be able to just use that file although I'm not sure on that last point as I've not tried that since I've not had the need.

0 Kudos
amelchi
Contributor
Contributor

me too,

and my serial is ok... wath to do?

thanks

alessandro

ps your system doesn't work for me

0 Kudos
kdeemer
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved. I just did a simple re-install (and upgrade to 1.1.1) and it works fine. I had thought that I would need to reinstall and update Windows, but now realize that it is contained within my virtual machine. Hope you solve your problem.

0 Kudos