VMware Communities
kittyhawk72
Contributor
Contributor

Program not saving with VMware 11

I am running VMware 11 on a 2017 iMac running Catalina. I have a program for building webpages (Freeway Pro). I save the files and all seem ok until I go into the Freeway data folder and the files I just saved show an older date and the info on the pages saved do not match the info on the program itself...  Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kittyhawk72
Contributor
Contributor

Fixed it... operator error...

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I’m assuming that you are running a macOS VM with Fusion because Freeway Pro is a 32 bit Mac application. 

My initial thought is that you are not saving the file to where you think you are. Where is the Freeway data folder located? A shared folder on your Mac or a folder on the VMs virtual disk? 
I’d also try to do a Spotlight search on your macOS VM for those files and see what it says. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
kittyhawk72
Contributor
Contributor

Problem fixed. Thanks

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

What was the issue?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
kittyhawk72
Contributor
Contributor

I had made a copy of the data folder a few weeks ago and put it on the desktop and the original folder is in my user folder. When I looked in the folder on the desktop the files were not saved. They were saved where they were supposed to be - the user folder....  My 72 year old brain just stops working sometimes.

0 Kudos