VMware Communities
FusionNewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with loaded Windows Application

I feel like a 2 year old.  Let me first apologize because I am such a newbie at this and I'm certain that this will probably be a really ridiculous question for 99.9% of you.

I am running VMware Fusion 4.1.1 on my MacBook Pro.  I have installed Windows XP (which is working great).  I've just installed the Windows version of Adobe Creative Suite CS 5.5 and am having a problem in Photoshop.  After I build my graphic and click on File - Save for Web & Devices, a secondary window opens allowing me to choose certain options before I save.  The problem is that this secondary window is too large vertically to get to all of the options, including the OK and Cancel buttons.  If I drag the window by its title bar all the way to the top of the screen, I still cannot get to all of the options.  I would resize the window myself, but cannot do so unless I can get to the lower right corner of the window - which I can't get to.

I'm sure there is some setting that I messed up when I set up my Windows installation, but for the life of me, I don't know what it is.  I've scoured Google and the KB here, but can find nothing.

Please take pity on this newbie 🙂 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

What is the Screen Resolution on both the Host and the Guest?

Have you tried increasing the resolution in the Guest so as to be able to see the entire dialog box?

0 Kudos
FusionNewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Where do I find both of those?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

Right click on the Windows Desktop (or select Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Display) and switch to the Settings tab.

Btw. did you already install VMware Tools? (see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003417)

André

0 Kudos
FusionNewbie
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for repsonses - thus far.  I appreciate you trying to help.

I'm using an external monitor - the resolution if I go to System Preferences on the Mac for my Sharp HDMI is 720p;  the color LCD on the Macbook Pro is 1280 x 800 (usable resolution of 1280 x 720);  Windows display is 1168 x 672.

I believe I have VMWare Tools installed (not sure how to get to them, but there is an option under Virtual Machine to reinstall them, so I'm guessing that means they are installed.)

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Windows display is 1168 x 672.

Put the Virtual Machine in Full Screen view and then change the resolution in windows to a higher one so as to be able to see the entire dialog box that you presently cannot.  If it is sizable then resize it and change the resolution back to a lower one.

I believe I have VMWare Tools installed (not sure how to get to them, but there is an option under Virtual Machine to reinstall them, so I'm guessing that means they are installed.)

I'd say they probably are installed and the acid test it being able to set the resolution in the Windows Virtual Machine higher then the native resolution on the Mac.

0 Kudos