VMware Communities
PaulGr
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with graphics tools to play a game

Hello, I'm a new user of VMWare Fusion for MacOS and I downloaded this with the aim of playing a game. So I configured all settings for 3D graphic cards' acceleration (3000 Mo of shared memory) on my Windows 10 x64 virtual machine and I reinstalled VMWare Tools. When I start the game from Steam's platform (which is the first Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut) and I arrive to the game's menu, the game becomes very slow and jerky, and it's impossible to play it.

I absolutely dont manage to know why this happen.

I only have a strange message when I start my virtual machine, saying (in French) 'aucune prise en charge 3D n'est disponible depuis l'hôte. Les fonctions 3D de la machine virtuelle seront désactivées' which means (I think) 'no 3D management available from the host system. All 3D functionalities will be deactivated.'

Do someone have a solution to this problem? Is the game to old?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi PaulGr,

Would you please inform about your host and VM configurations? For example, what is the graphics model of your host machine? How many processor cores and RAM did you assign to your VM? To utilize the 3GB video memory, you need to assign at least 6GB RAM to your VM.

From Virtual Machine==>Settings==>Display panel, make sure the option '' Accelerate 3D graphics" is checked.

Regards,

-Rick

PaulGr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm on MacOS Sierra, processor 2,7GHz Intel Core i5, 8Go memory. So if I assign 6Go to my VM, I suppose that it will make my Mac running slower.

I assigned only 3Go RAM to my VM, and 2 processor cores.

Thank you for helping me.

0 Kudos
bethbar
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, its also worked for my tennis game.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos