VMware Communities
gideonmay
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Unity and multiple monitor setup using RC1

First of all, congratulations on a great product!

I have a MBP with an external monitor connected (dual screen setup) running 10.4.10.

When I use Unity with Windows XP I'm not able to drag a windows app from one screen to the other.

The window shows up partly on the other screen, garbled, but the drag stops at the edge of the screen.

I am able to move the Single Window between the screens though.

Thanks again,

Gideon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This is a known issue. From the release notes:

[b]In Unity view, VMware Fusion does not support multiple monitors.[/b]

All virtual machine windows displayed in Unity view must be in a single-monitor display.

gideonmay
Contributor
Contributor

Will there be support for multiple monitors in the future ?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VMware's policy is to not comment on future releases. The developers are aware this is a desired feature.

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Gideon,

Thanks for the kind words, the team really appreciates this.

With regards to multiple monitor support, VMware Fusion does not support multiple monitors in a virtual machine. This is why Unity windows can't be dragged between mulitple Mac monitors, because it would need to have access to both displays. So, all Unity windows must be confined to one monitor for this release and this is documented in the release notes.

In Single Window mode, you are dragging the entire PC to the separate monitor so it works.

True multi-monitor support is something we know people would like to see and will be seriously considered as we plan future VMware Fusion product releases.

Best,

Pat

0 Kudos