VMware Communities
AAFS2000
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Mac OS High Sierra and VMWare Fusion

I installed on my Mac Book a VMWARE Fusion where I run Windows 7.  
I used the Mac OS El Captain and it was all working. But unfortunately, I installed Mac OS High Sierra and VM stopped working. 
To try to recover the data that was lost in the VM, I installed VMWARE 10 (trail version) but when I try to open the VM it displays the following message: "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to". 
Can you help me?
I need to retrieve a project that is saved in VM.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Open your Security & Privacy settings and unblock Fusion if it says it is blocked. Reboot your Mac if that doesn't help. This is a common complaint with Fusion and macOS.

0 Kudos
AAFS2000
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but that's not it.

If anyone knows how to recover data that is in the VM, I'm happy.

If I can not open the VM, no problem, I just need the data. I just need to recover a JAVA project that is Windows 7 installed on the VM.

I do not think I want to use the VM anymore. I can not trust a VM that stops working and loses my data. But I need to recover my project.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What you're describing is a common complaint in this combination. So have you actually tried to reboot your system first? This doesn't mean your VM is corrupt.

0 Kudos
AAFS2000
Contributor
Contributor

But I still can not access a project that is very important.

For me, I made a mistake when I used VMWare Fusion. With Boot Camp I would have no problems.

Now I need help to recover my JAVA project.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Something else you can try the others have found success in doing is to reinstall fusion and then see if you can boot.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Actually "it IS it". The problem is that the system extensions blockage by gatekeeper in macOS 10.13 is a bit unpredictable in whether or not it is going to display the blocked system extension or not.

Please see:

VMware Fusion on macOS High Sierra - System Extension Blocked - PlanetVM

For the currently known ways of trying to fix this.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos