VMware Communities
nall
Contributor
Contributor

Problem when hiding fusion in full-screen and unity

Hi.

I'm using Fusion Version 1.0 (50460) and have noticed 2 issues with hiding apps. Are these known issues? Any workarounds available?

Thanks.

1. Full-screen

When I enter full-screen all is well. I then hide Fusion with Cmd-H and rather than actually hiding, the app returns to single window mode and then pops back up under whatever MacOS window has focus. I would expect it to stay in full-screen, and merely be hidden until I choose to redisplay it (and at that time it would still be full-screen)

2. Unity

When I have an app running in Unity and hide it with Cmd-H, all is well until the app wants to update its display. It then unhides itself and makes itself the front-most window. I would expect it to stay hidden even under such conditions.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm familiar with the first problem and we have a fix for that in the works.

For the second problem, what app is it?

0 Kudos
nall
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. The application in #2 is QCharts, a stock charting program (http://www.qcharts.com)

0 Kudos
Thyge
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't appear as though release 1.0 fixed this problem (#1 above). This is one of my biggest annoyances in using Fusion. I have updated VMWare tools with the new release, but still when I press CommandH to hide Fusion, it changes it to a Single Window instead of hiding it full-screen. If I first activate the menu bar by moving my mouse to the top, then CommandH works as expected.

I am also having problems with Full-Screen and using Command+Tab to toggle to Mac apps. Whenever I switch to a Mac app 3 or 4 times, Fusion goes into Single Window mode. This was the same behavior as RC1.

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Definite apologies on our part. The bug is fixed internally now, but the fix didn't make it in time for 1.0.

0 Kudos
shshjun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

1. Full-screen

When I enter full-screen all is well. I then hide

Fusion with Cmd-H and rather than actually hiding,

the app returns to single window mode and then pops

back up under whatever MacOS window has focus. I

would expect it to stay in full-screen, and merely be

hidden until I choose to redisplay it (and at that

time it would still be full-screen)

not sure this is related, but if i am running in full-screen mode, after a while of inactive (maybe when mac screensaver starts), it brings my VM back to single window mode. this results in my rearranging my open multiple windows not maximized in fusion.

another issue i've noticed is that when such behavior happens, it disturbs my IM client from idle to active.

my setting is mac screen saver happens in 10 mins, xp in fusion with no screen saver running and Yahoo messenger gets idle in 5 mins.

any idea not to get single window back from full window automatically in fusion v1.0 b51348?

thanks, shen

0 Kudos