VMware Communities
Lars-Ake
Contributor
Contributor

Problem scaling and resolution on MacBook Mini M2

Hello, I have installed Fusion Player on my MacBook Mini M2. It works fine, but I messed up the screen settings – currently, the screen size is minimal. Can anyone give me tips on how to adjust Fusion for optimal settings, both in terms of the Fusion application and within Windows? Or do I need to reinstall everything? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Lars-Ake

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tuna781
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can try to update Fusion version and VMware Tools.

Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

If you're running Fusion 13.5 and have the VMware Tools installed, you can try to put the VM in full screen mode and see if the resolution changes.

If it's a mac Mini that's running with an external monitor, you should not have "Use full resolution for Retina display" checked. If it's a macBook on the internal monitor, you may wish to also have that setting checked, but you can experiment to see what works best for you. Having it checked though means that the VM sees the native resolution of the laptop's panel. That can result in very small icons and type in the VM - the VMware video driver doesn't tell Windows that its dealing with an HDR ("Retina") display. In this case may need to adjust the scaling in the Windows settings to make the interface items larger. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos