VMware Communities
NimaF5
Contributor
Contributor

Problem installing VMware Tools

Hello,

I had the same problem when trying to install VMware Tools, it just takes too long and nothing seems to happen...

I uninstalled it once with the Control Panel, but when I retry to "Install VMware Tools" from Virtual Machine Menu, there's no installation wizard that shows up, nothing happens.

Going again in the control panel to uninstall, this time there's no VMware tools in the list... and when looking in Virtual Machine menu, I see the option "Cancel installation of VMware Tools" that is greyed. Can't do anything except "Interrupt", "Restart" and "Stop"

Do you have any idea how I can manage this ? I'm on macOS Big Sur and VMware Fusion 12.1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@NimaF5 

Moderator: Branched from a 2008 thread to a new one, given that the software versions used in 2020 will be very different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos