VMware Communities
xexets
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Printing problems

Hello!

I am having some printing problems with VMware fusion.

I have a unibody macbook pro (first gen of unibody), 15.4 inches. Snow Leopard. I use a Brother DCP330c connected via usb. The printer works fine with mac.

I use vmware fusion 2.0.5, with the latest build of windows 7. Printer sharing is turned on.

When I print anything from inside win (word doc, rtf, notepad, jpg,...) the job is successfully sent to the printer, it appears in the cue in mac, but the printer outputs not the document but its CODE. i.e. if I print a webpage it prints the html+information on the file and other data.

Do you have any clue what is happening? Is there a possible fix for this?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You probably want to install the 2.0.6 beta which in most cases I think fixes the issues with shared printing and Snow Leopard. If I remember correctly some people were able to fix shared printing by uninstalling, rebooting, then re-installing Fusion 2.0.5, but then there are some other issues with 2.0.5 that you will likely run into.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You probably want to install the 2.0.6 beta which in most cases I think fixes the issues with shared printing and Snow Leopard. If I remember correctly some people were able to fix shared printing by uninstalling, rebooting, then re-installing Fusion 2.0.5, but then there are some other issues with 2.0.5 that you will likely run into.

0 Kudos
xexets
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep! that fixed the problem! many thanks

0 Kudos