VMware Communities
perryg1
Contributor
Contributor

Printing and Network latency issues

I have seen these problem in 2.0.1 and it still exists in 2.0.2 running Vista Ultimate (SP1).

1. I have problems printing, both to a network printer and to a shared USB/printer. Sometimes I can print without any delays and sometimes I have to kill spoolsv.exe otherwise the Windows VM completely hangs. There is no consistency to this problem either, sometimes it will print and other times it will not. Last week I had issues with the lines on boxes not completely printing on a form. It printed fine from a different workstation and when I booted to native bootcamp it also printed fine.

2. Moving files between computers takes excessively long, moving a 5106KB file under fusion took 5 minutes, 23 seconds, under bootcamp it took 1 second, all other conditions were the same.

3. Retrospect backup client runs on Vista, running under fusion the Retrospect console connects to the Vista client but the scan of files to determine what to be backed up doesn't complete. For example under fusion the scan for files was still running after after 13 minutes (at which time I canceled), under bootcamp the same scan took 2 minutes and the backup 4 minutes.

Thanks for any help,

Perry

0 Kudos
1 Reply
perryg1
Contributor
Contributor

As an addition, I can copy the same file to the fusion vm much faster than going from it. It took 5 minutes 30 seconds to copy a file from the vm to another workstation on the domain and 1 minute from that same workstation back to the vm. It appeared that most of the one minute in going back to the vm was in establishing the connection. Once established the file copied to the vm in about 4 seconds.

Perry

0 Kudos