VMware Communities
tonque
Contributor
Contributor

Printer Disabled on XP

I am having printing issues with my virtual machine. XP was actually able to see Mac's default printer without a problem and it stopped working.

Here is my set up:

Mac OS 10.5.7 (printer sharing enabled)

Not using Boot Camp

Only Windows XP installed as virtual machine

VMFusion 2.0.5

I have double checked to see that "Printers" is enabled in the Virtual Machine Setting screen while the VM is turned off.

However, when I boot XP, for some reason the "Printers" show as disabled.

I would appreciate it if someone can give me guidance.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AZDMD
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new Mac user and was sold Parallels by the Apple people. I am having big problems configuring printing from both the Mac and Windows sides. I was going to switch to VMWare Fusion because it seemed that the printing took care of itself. Now I see that you are having a problem! What should I do? I am using Max Snow Leopard and Win 7.

0 Kudos
tonque
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

The weird thing is that the printer was working perfectly until a few days ago. I may upgrade to VM 3.0 and see if this fixes the problem. I actually used to use Parallels but was having a lot more issues along with the printer not working like yours. However, other than that, I am very satisfied with VM Fusion. I think it is faster than Parallels. I would recommend downloading their trial version for 30 days.

0 Kudos