VMware Communities
vmxmr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Prevent Automatic Startup in Fusion - One Time Only

I have a virtual machine configured so that it automatically starts up when VMware Fusion launches. That is exactly what I want most of the time.

There are rare times when I want to launch the VMware Fusion application, but I do not want it to start up any virtual machines, even the ones tagged with "Start automatically when VMware Fusion launches" enabled in General settings.

Is there a simple trick (such as hold down a modifier key) to tell VMware Fusion not to perform automatic startup on this one launch only? (... but perform automatic startup at all other times...)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmxmr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had hoped to find some "official" documentation and to avoid trial and error testing, but no luck. I ran a few tests this morning and found the answer.

Answer:

If you hold the SHIFT key down when you launch VMware Fusion application, then VMware Fusion will not start any guest OS, even ones that are set to "Start automatically".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmxmr
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had hoped to find some "official" documentation and to avoid trial and error testing, but no luck. I ran a few tests this morning and found the answer.

Answer:

If you hold the SHIFT key down when you launch VMware Fusion application, then VMware Fusion will not start any guest OS, even ones that are set to "Start automatically".

0 Kudos