VMware Communities
gerdgoebel
Contributor
Contributor

Power off the virtual machine

When I shutdown the VM it still leave a big black window open with the start button in the middle. It gets closed when I quit VMware Fusion. In the VMware preferences I had set the Power off the virtual machine hoping it also would close this big black window. It does not.

Is there an option I have not found yet?

What I actually would want to see is the Virtual Machine Library from which I could start the VM I want. And when shutting down a VM I would want to get back to the Virtual Machine Library again (I have this in Parallels).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Interesting.

If you shut down a VM it does leave the big black box. Not sure if there's something you can do about that.

As for the "I want the VM Library to come up" that happens once you have more than 1 VM in the library.

Create a dummy VM (without installing anything) and the library will open on start of VMware Fusion instead of opening with the single VM that you have.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
gerdgoebel
Contributor
Contributor

I now have 2 VMs, Win 8.1 and W10. And yes, the Virtual Machine Library is display first.

I wish I could shrink it a bit more but looks like there is a default minimum size for it.

0 Kudos